Von: Juan Buhler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Januar 2005 08:57
An: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Betreff: Digital grain and dogmatism

I'm a bit amused at the big argument around adding grain to digital
images. It seems like in no time, several people jumped to say that it
is a silly thing to do, ridiculous, or that it "shouldn't" be done.
Also, "if you want the look of film, shoot film."

Well, NO. There is no "should." Maybe I want something that looks like
film in certain ways but has the convenience of digital. Maybe I like to
shoot Tri X and then try to minimize the grain with Neat Image, and then
shoot with the ist D and add grain in Photoshop. Nobody is about to tell
anybody else what to do--the most we can do is look away.

Godfrey put it well when he used the phrase "whatever rocks your boat."

It is art, and if the rules were so well defined then I'd be doing
something else.

Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com
blog at http://www.jbuhler.com/blog