Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 12:59:41 AM, Godfrey wrote:
>> Gee that stuff's hard to read... but it seems to deal mainly
>> with body-lens communication and control. So do the IS/VR of
>> canon/nikon have the sensors in the lenses or the body?

If I remember correctly,
     it was discussed many years ago here that Pentax also held many
     patents on various aspects of image stabilisation, mostly in
     lens. I don't have the posts archived, and maybe the links are no
     longer working, but it could be searched for perhaps. What I
     remember is that the field was pretty muddled, with probably many
     licensing and et cetera, and that the essential patents for
     implementation of IS might be owned by several distinct
     companies. It was discussed with great regret here that Pentax
     didn't start producing its own IS lenses... Quite a long time
     ago.

Good light!
           fra