When I saw some digital (D100) and 35mm film (some Fuji slides I
think, couldn't get more details) prints exposed in a gallery in
several cases I liked the digital result better (they were cleaner,
which imho would have worked well for some portraits). In other prints
however the film grain wasn't intrusive, but the reflection from the
uncoated glass was.
I don't know if that's the best both mediums could do (I doubt it),
but I was amazed at the quality one can get from both 6MP DSLR and
35mm slides - and can't wait to see a real, large format print :)

Alex Sarbu