Actually I don't mind biased news as long as the bias is acknowledged.

Graywolf wrote:

Slanting (editorializing news articles) has been going on since the first broadside was printed. Anyone who doesn't realize that is pretty gullible.
Actually it is pretty hard to write anything without your own biases creeping in, so it is not always deliberate.

You used to (40-50 years ago) be able to get a pretty neutral idea of the news by reading the city's competing daily newspapers and comparing them to each other, but those have pretty much disappeared.

I use to listen to Radio Havana and Radio America, and figured the truth was someplace in between the two on the international front. Now I almost never listen to or read the news. That helps with the ulcers.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Peter J. Alling wrote:

It's that way in the US but with some papers opinion has been creeping into what's supposed to be simply
factual news for years.

Michael Heim wrote:

Interesting point: in german media (and german speaking switzerland)
opinions are marked as "commentary" or "Opinion" in most newspapers or
newsmagazines.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke