Brent asked:
> This was sort of a random question i came to. What would the image quality be
> if Glenn set up a mirror opposite his window, and then took the photos facing
> backwards to the goings-on....less conspicuous IMO. This would probably
> necessitate a tripod though.

Tripod is do-able -- just makes it harder to aim.  I'd expect image
quality to be reduced, but probably still useable if I used a very
good mirror.

> This question brings me to a question i have had
> for a while. If Glenn's mirror is say 20ft away, and the drug deal is say
> 80ft from the mirror, would he focus at 20ft for the mirror, or 100ft for the
> distance of the image from the camera? I guess i could expiriment

100 feet.  Total length of the light path.

> By the way Glenn, you could always sign up for the witness protection program

You have no idea just how much of a lifestyle change that would be.
(OTOH, it would finally give me the incentive to stop waffling and
transition.)

The things that would make WPP such an emotional issue are the
same things already working against me here -- I'm a rather
conspicuous person, looks-wise, and a performer active in a couple
different bands.

Let's hope I don't screw this up in a way that requires the
Witness Protection Program to get me out of it.  *shudder*

                                        -- Glenn

PS:  Today, different person, in the alley _behind_ my house.
Called it in; officer came out to look for the stash.  Shot
through a window that has adhesive "fake frosted glass" stuff
stuck to it, through the gaps between pieces of the stuff.
Pretty sure nobody was going to see me there, but part of the
lens was obscured, resulting in a "center clear soft focus"
effect.