On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, John Whittingham wrote:

> > Start saving. Disregarding the good bit (;-PPPP) the Canon is
> > 5.2KGBP. That's 500 times more than what you paid for your MZ-3
>
> They'll come down a bit in time, besides you pay for the technology etc.

According to folks in the list, not by much, as the silicon wafers for
this size have a great chance of yielding 0 (zero) usable sensor
chips. I understood it to be a hard, physical limitation.

> > It *is* broke, check
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/pentax-discuss@pdml.net/msg205063.html
> >
> > It's a goner; do other manufacturers support it even in the way
> > Pentax does?
>
> More cost cutting, it's about time Pentax stopped following Canon and Minolta
> trends, they never where scared of breaking from the norm.

It does, it is small; it allows you to use all the old lenses; and it
has a viefinder rather than a dark tunnel. Plus the SD card wierdness
in the -Ds :-). Cost cutting is inevitable and they are offering a
botch^H^H^H^H^Hworkaround. Don't hold your breath.

Kostas