> personally, I found the KA version less reliable, because often the
> contacts were just a tiny bit off and didn't make proper contact. It
> sure freaked me out when suddently I couldn't take a photo. I threw it
> out afterwards. Having to rotate the lens a bit on/off to be able to
> get a photograph is not my idea of good design...

This is exactly the same as my experience with the Ka-mount version of the
Adaptall-2 mount - a little "flaky".  And "flaky" does not make for
dependability.  However, I do know that others have said they've never had
a problem.

> The plain old K is the best, both mechanically and without exposure
> quirks because of bad contacts.

I don't have too many Tamron lenses, but the ones I do have I really like;
however, I use them only with "plain old K" Adaptall-2 mounts.

By the way, my post here is not any sort of a "scathing condemnation" of
Adaptall-2 mounts - I think that the Adaptall-2 system is an example of
some really very clever engineering.  However, the era of "program" bodies
back in the early 1980's did impose a complication on the mount system
that, in my opinion, has never been totally successfully coped with (at
least with the Ka version of the mount).  (YMMV)

Fred