On 26 Jan 2005 at 14:13, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> This kind of point-counter point can be fun...

Sure can :-)

> I always count the clicks with a lens ring, or have to turn the
> camera to look at the dial.

While I'm usually watching my shutter speed in the finder whilst on-the-ring.

> My right hand is much more prehensile than my left hand. I use
> the latter for a support, and occasionally for manual focusing.
> I like my right hand in control of all exposure (ahem).

My hand rests instinctively under the lens with fingers ready to adjust
aperture and focus. I did laugh when I saw the example image of how to hold a
camera in one of the late film body manuals, both hands gripping the body like
a steering wheel, makes you wonder if the designers of the gadgets are actually
photographers.

> I've never bumped the body wheel on the Canon 10D or *istDS, but
> I have bumped the aperture ring by turning it accidentally when
> I meant to grab the focus ring on cameras so equipped.

I'm constantly bumping the aperture dial on the *ist D, I often have the camera
over my shoulder whilst I'm mobile and the dial rubs on my jeans. Never had
this problem with film cameras that used plain old aperture ring control over
the years.

> I never shut my camera off when I'm out taking pictures. One
> touch on the shutter button and the aperture/shutter speed are
> immediately visible before bringing the camera to my eye.

Me too, always have my DSLR on whilst on the move.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998