On 26 Jan 2005 at 17:40, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> The 31mm Limited I ordered arrived today ... I'm impressed! Very
> pretty, nicely made and finished. The viewfinder is crisp and
> clear, snaps in and out of focus, both manual and auto, with
> precision. It's a bit on the heavy side, but seems like it will
> be a real treat to shoot with, a nice complement to the
> A-50/1.4.
>
> Can't wait to get some real pictures going with it. My quick
> test shots look wonderful!

Yep, it's a damn fine lens, pretty much my standard on the *ist D though I wish
it was as wide as it was on my film bodies. Sharpness is very good edge to
edge, contrast and fare resistance it excellent, CA is near non-existent and
geometric distortion is very very mild. Overall one of Pentax's best lenses
around that FL even wide open. You should really enjoy it.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998