From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jan 25, 2005 7:42 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: PAW: A bad Hair Day

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:05:47 -0500, Kenneth Waller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please check out
>
> http://mypeoplepc.com/members/kwaller/offwallphoto/id2.html
>
> Taken with PZ1P, 600mm f4.0 FA
>
> Comments: Yea, Nay or otherwise.
>
> Thanks in advance for looking & commenting.

I'll preface this "negative review" with a reminder that I absolutely
love most (almost all) of your work (can you guess what's coming now?
<vbg>)

But, I can't honestly say I particularly like this one.  The two
animals (are they caribou or elk, or some such thing?) are so close
together in the frame that their individual impact is lost on me.  I
assume (given your title) that the one losing it's antler velvet is
what the photo is all about, but he's almost lost behind the first
one.

I also find the tree in front of the two quite distracting.

As a documentary photo featuring a large member of the deer family
losing it's velvet, it's okay.  As a typical Ken Waller Wildlife
Masterpiece, it falls far short IMHO.  Maybe you've just set the bar
too high <g>.

Sorry - I really hate saying that I don't like something...

cheers,
frank

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet