Rob wrote:
>I can't help thinking it's a bit of a non-issue. I'd like to hear of people
who
>have actually suffered problems due to moisture ingress.

It's not an issue if you buy a new camera every two years. You'll never know
when the thing dies!
The problems will occur when contacts (internal and external) etc. little by
little get corroded. I think most modern electronic consumer equipment was
basiclally made to be operated indoors. Not on a mountain side in Argentina.

As a former musican I have more than once seen electronic equipment ruined
due to being moved from a cold car to a hot ball room. Or vise versa.
Believe me, it's very annoying loose you best amp just 30 minutes before a
gig :-)
I just don't trust modern electronics to put up with such changes. Larger
battery consumptiom means more heat. More heat means more moisture/condenced
water.

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt