Fra: Tim Sherburne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 27. januar 2005 00:05
Til: Pentax Discussion List
Emne: Re: Question for the Brotherhood...

A big thanks to everyone that gave advice and comments on the 6x7 kit. I
picked it up this afternoon. I turned out that the seller is an ad agency in
downtown Portland that recently outsourced all their photography work (and
moved to digital as a consequence). They were more interested in cleaning
out their closet than turning a profit on selling the gear.

Wow, what I solid hunk of brass! The body is a late 6x7 with MLU and non-TTL
prism in nearly pristine condition. The kit hadn't been used for about two
years, so it really has no problems beyond a little dust. It's seen mostly
studio work.

Both lenses are in great shape. There's a first generation 55/4 and a
Takumar 135/4 Macro with a case. It's nice to have something other than a
"normal" lens for medium format, which is what I was stuck with on my
Yashica.

I ran one roll of 120 through it, promptly forgetting than the 6x7 only
yields 10 (or was it 9?) frames per roll instead of the 12 I was used to. Of
course, it'll be next week before I can post anything. The lab is getting a
new noritsu, so orders have been delayed a bit. Such is life in the analog
world.

I wasn't nearly surprised by the clunk of the mirror as I thought I might
be, but, yes, there is no hiding this camera. By all reports, I won't be
able to use it handheld very much, so I'll be looking for a beefier tripod
soon. I'll run some film through it to get a feel for its limitations.

Tim