On 28/1/05, Rob Studdert, discombobulated, unleashed:

>LOL, why then is the heading "Pentax *ist DS *istDS Test Review"
>
>My favourite quote from his site (http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/
>aboutrvw.htm)
>
>"I had no idea that by 2002 my site would become the world's most trusted
>and popular source of technical information world wide through the
>Internet. I feel like Forrest Gump; I never asked for this fame, people
>just bestow it on me."
>
>Seriously funny stuff.

To be fair, he does also highlight the following:

"This entire site is my personal opinion based on what gear works or
doesn't work for me and my particular style of photography.

 Sure, I'm biased: I'm reporting on what works well for me what I'm
trying to do personally. How else could I give you the depth you deserve?
I'm not doing this in a vacuum. I do this site for fun and don't charge
anybody for anything. No camera makers are paying me or even loaning me
anything. I buy and use the same equipment from the same places you do
with my own hard earned cash, just like you. No one is buying me free
lunch to alter my opinions."

Can't slam the guy for being opinionated - we all have egos, some bigger
than others. Ken's may be galaxy-class, but at least he states clearly
that they are his opinions.

What the heck ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty