Hey, age don't mean much. I have a DeJur enlarger that is probably older than I, and that's 61. As I mentioned before you can use color filters just like you do Multicontrast filters with a holder under the lens, but I would think a IIa (60's vintage I believe) would have a filter drawer.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Alexandru-Cristian Sarbu wrote:
Update: it's an Opemus IIa; older than me!
It comes with 2 lenses (a Belar and an Anaret), it seems to be working
but I can't see how you could use filters for color. Now I don't know
if I should go for it, or search for something more recent...  mr.
Wüthrich's enlarger sounds more tempting, even if I like to see things
before buying them (and would be, certainly, more expensive).

Alex Sarbu