On 29/1/05, frank theriault, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Forgive me for starting out with by being critical, but the second one
>is the weakest of the bunch.  The girl's face and light blue riding
>apparel seem a bit blown out to me (maybe it's my monitor?) and quite
>frankly, the photo itself seems pretty ordinary to me.  MInd you,
>maybe in concert with the others it works, but as a stand-alone, it
>doesn't turn my crank.

I agree. But you gotta see the horse trotting along - they love that,
those horse-whippers ;-)

Actually the thing I learned very quickly (and I'm sure Brooksy will
atest to this) is that the positioning of the horse's hooves is pretty
crucial - they can look awkward and twisted. So you go for a shot with
nicely positioned legs and hooves, and as long as the rider isn't puking
up or sitting backwards, that'll do it....

>That bit of unpleasantness aside, I think the other three are
>absolutely gorgeous!!  The first one they seem to have the same
>expression on their faces (it's the eyes).  Tremendous shot!
>
>Great emotion in the third photo - how can one resist such a beautiful
>girl with such a beautiful smile!!  I'm smiling myself, just looking
>at it!
>
>And the fourth one is just as good.  You've managed to communicate to
>us the bond between her and that lovely animal.  Very well captured.

Thanks buddy. The pics are for the girl and her friends. If I were to
choose just one, it wouldn't be any of those I put on that page!

best,

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__