On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:43:42 -0800 (PST), Jamie Walling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip> I think more users will be
> happier with the D70 than the istDs.  Not
> necessisarily becasue of quality or features, but
> becasue of support and avaliability (at least here in
> the US) <snip>

There have been people on this list who've had problems with their
*istD.  As far as I recall, the turn around for repairs/replacement
has been a couple of weeks (someone with actual experience, feel free
to correct me if I'm wrong).  That's not bad, really.  Is Nikon
supporting the D70 any better?

I have no idea why "availability" has anything to do with customer
satisfaction.  Once one has bought a *istDs, it's available to ~them~,
so it's no longer an issue to a user, is it?

cheers,
frank