On 1 Feb 2005 at 0:00, Kenneth Waller wrote:

> Re:
> *ist D CF card removal:
>
> Just looked @ my Nikon 5700. It has the same CF card orientation as my
> *ist D - the lip on the card is oriented toward the back of the camera making
> it
> harder to remove than if it was in the front.

It's not so much the orientation of the card that bothers me (not all CF cards
have the "lip" you describe) just the fact that it remains so deep in such a
tight recess after the eject tab is depressed. Of all the other CF based
cameras I've used I never had to plan how to remove a card, they simply pop up
when the release is pressed to a point where they can be picked straight out.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998