well, i mostly do slide scanning, but every time i scan strips of negatives on my 4000, i have no residue or dust to deal with from the roller. it just works, and that is the important thing.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Frantisek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Herb Chong" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 7:12 AM
Subject: Re: Scanning woes #2

I don't know. I know of several users of that range up to 9000. I
haven't talked to them about it yet, but one that used the 4000 in
work told me of the same problem. I think the wheel probably need just
a cleaning, but all in all, I don't like the mechanism when there
could be probably a better solution without that risk.