Mishka wrote:

i've thought of that, as well as using it as a vodka bottle.

but if i were to limit its use to photography, should i assume

-- what would be the typical subjects for it? i can't imagine it
as a street lens. portraits? scenics? any examples?

I don't know, a former acquaintance used to carry a 600mm Novoflex on a shoulder stock as his "street" lens.

-- it should be used mainly off a heavy trupod? how "monopod'able" is it?
-- it's close focus is roughly 10m. how limiting is it?
-- is fast aperture a significant advantage?
-- is it much better than, say, a Tamron or Tokina 300/2.8+1.4x? or
Tamron 400/4?
i am looking for opinions of people who have it and use it, please.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but my biggest Pentax glass is a *300mm f4. I've used for everything from
sports to wildlife to portraits to landscapes. I've used my 600mm mirror mainly for nature.

thanks,
mishka

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:19:52 -0500, Peter J. Alling