Thanks for commenting, Frank.
Yes, it seems the contemporary governor was
fascist-friendly, and this architect had fascist
components in his pastiche, so he got lots of work.
You can see more buildings here:
http://www.thesaltmine.co.uk/Portfolio.htm
Roll down to Pastorino photos. He made night shots
with old techniques and got amazing pics.
http://www.thegablesyard.com/Pastorino.htm
15 photos here:
http://www.foco-argentina.com.ar/pastorino/pastorino.html

Regards

Albano
--- frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:03:46 -0500, Peter J. Alling
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I expect to see a "Buck Rogers" style spaceship
> parked not far away.
> >

> I expected a head to pop out of a doorway, and say,
> "The Wizard can't
> see you today, so go away!"
>
> It's got that "art deco gone awry" feeling to it,
> hasn't it?
>
> One thing I know about architects (I know there was
> one on the list a
> while back, so apologies in advance if you or any
> other arkie is
> lurking) is that the best (or at least the best
> known) have to be as
> good at self-promotion as they are at designing
> buildings.  This guy
> seems to have had the first part of those two down
> pat!!
>
> A fun shot, Albano.
>
> cheers,
> frank
>
> --
> "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri
> Cartier-Bresson

=====
Albano Garcia
Photography & Graphic Design