--- Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Was it the digital Mavica or the *original* Mavica?
> The original was electronic but not digital: It stored an
> analog image that was essentially a single frame of video.

Actually, it was a single field, not a frame ... only half the
vertical lines of resolution. I have one of these still, and
recently found a battery for it (cost me $2 and is still capable
of holding an adequate charge). Image quality is, um, somewhat
compromised at best. ;-)

I also have one of the original Apple QuickTakes somewhere in my
"old junk" bin, but I've promised to give it to a friend who
still has a computer with the software that can work with it.

Godfrey