On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:40:42 +1000, Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4 Feb 2005 at 7:17, Boris Liberman wrote:
>
> > http://webaperture.com/gallery/photos/42431
> >
> > No comments. Only notice that this was shot at 1600 ISO. I must say
> > that 100% magnification of original image looks rather disappointing.
> > I should print it and see how it prints.
>
> Hi Boris,
>
> The image looks OK in the small format as you have presented, it might have
> benefited from being just a little darker overall as the intensity of the
> lights signifies that the sky is likely a little too bright. I assume that you
> aren't post processing using PC CS RAW as yet? Why I ask is that I wasn't
> particularly satisfied with the performance of my *ist D at high ISO settings
> before I started RAW post processing in PS CS RAW. The in camera and PhotoLab
> processing are poor compared and don't really do justice to the camera.
>
> Cheers,

I didn't get the initial post, so I'm glad that Rob left the url in his reply.

I quite like it, but unlike Rob, I was thinking it was a bit dark <g>.
 I like the pattern of the tall buildings (kind of a diagonal swath
across the bottom), I like the green space in the middle to break up
the city, and then the low-rise residential area in the background.
It all seem rather harmonious to my eye:  well seen, well captured.

I think the sky is a bit unspectacular, but ya gotta work with what ya
gots.  Too bad, though, because if the sky was better, it could be a
~real~ good shot imho.

BTW, Web Aperture's window is now the proper size (at least for me)!
Since I've bitched about their previously mis-sized window enough
times, I should give kudos when they're deserved.  <g>

cheers,
frank