On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:21:17 -0000, Rob Brigham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip> In this edition, the golden age of celebrity photography, in which
> photographers such as Yousuf Karsh, Dennis Stock and Sam Shaw reveal how
> they secured the cooperation of subjects including James Dean, Marilyn
> Monroe and Winston Churchill. <snip>

I still love the oft-mentioned (by me <g>) story of how Karsh snatched
Churchill's cigar from his lips, then snapped mid-scowl, to produce
what may be the most famous photo ever takin of Sir Winston:

http://www.jacobsonbest.com/yousuf_karsh_churchill.htm

Rob, I'm quite envious of you on the other side of the pond;  looks
like an amazing evening of TV viewing for you!!

cheers,
frank