In a message dated 2/4/2005 8:45:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hmmm...It's about NOT foucsing at infinity if you want maximum DOF.
H=F2/Fc

H: HFD
F2 = FxF: Focal length (Focal length X Focal length)
fc = f-stop x Circle of Confusion (CoC) on the neg/CCD

You can download DOFmaster Hyper focal Chart (software) at:
www.dofmaster.com

Jens Bladt
=========
Actually, I focused on the tree. I knew my f-stop was small enough for
maximum DOF and I wanted the bark in focus. Actually, I used autofocus on the
tree,
then flipped into manual so it wouldn't refocus, then lifted the camera higher
and took the shot. I also manual focused on the tree several times. Did both.

My second to last photography teacher had a short cut for long distance shots
-- focus 1/3 of the way into the scene for it to be in focus from that point
on. This was close to that.

Marnie aka Doe :-)