They're a burden. On a film camera you have to remove it to change film. I've never seen one on a digital SLR, but you would have to remove it to get at any of the functions on the back or to remove the CF card. Never ready cases are for people who leave one roll of film in the camera for six months and take four shots at every family event.
Paul