Ah, but I've already got the M ;-)

Nick

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Peter J. Alling"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 05/02/05 00:11:58
    To: "pentax-discuss@pdml.net"<pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
    Subject: Re: DA-40mm and spiders
      Since you can get the M lens for between 125 and 199 I doubt you save
    anything...

    Nick Clark wrote:

    >Does this mean it's identical optically to my SMC-M 40mm f2.8, so I can
save a fortune buying the new one?

    >Nick

through the PZ-1p viewfinder is also terrific.  Several have posted that the DA
lenses throw only an APS-size image circle, but I can't see any reason why
that's the case.  The DA 40mm objective element is exactly the same size as the
original pancake, and the entire lens formulation is probably similar. Why
would it throw a smaller circle?

    >    What I'm getting at is whether the lens will work on the other Pentax
bodies despite being advertised as exclusive to the *ist bodies.  Maybe Pentax
is just trying to avoid sales competition with the 43 ltd.?????????  Margus,
can you post one of your shots with that nice DA 40mm lens?

    --
    I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war.
    During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings