A lot of used Pentax lenses seem to be selling for new prices. i just noticed a
DA 16-45 that's only a bid away from exceeding the new price. The new lenses
are scarce, the demand for Pentax glass is high. I'm a bit surprised, but I
can't say that I'm displeased. It will be interesting to see what some other
examples of Pentax glass go for. Is an FA or A 400/5.6 going to appreciate to
where it approaches new lens prices? (That's $1400 for the A variant.)  Only
time will tell.
Paul