Exposure compensation, that's the ticket.

Brian Walters wrote:

G'day all

I recently picked up a nice SE (Special Edition?) version of the ME on
Ebeagh.  It's in great condition apart from an exposure meter anomaly
which I can live with for now.

As far as I was aware, the only differences between this version and
the standard ME were the brown leatherette trim , the "SE" engraved
on the top plate and a diagonal (rather than horizontal) split
rangefinder.  However, I've come across an advertisement in an old
magazine which claims that the SE also has "manual overide of
exposure meter".  If it does, I can't find it! - unless they're
referring to the exposure compensation facility, which is hardly
unique to the SE.

Does anyone have one of these and can confirm or debunk this claim?

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney, Australia

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke