To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 9:32 PM
Subject: RE: Have you ever heard of Porst lenses?

Yes, German company. I seem to remember a connection with Swiss "Alpha",
but
I'm not shure.
Perhaps realated to DDR kameras from the Dresden manufacturers, Pentacon,
Ihagee, Zeiss Ikon etc
Anyway, look:
http://www.praktica-collector.de/134_Porst_reflex_FX2.htm
http://www.praktica-collector.de/162_Porst_FX4.htm

http://search.ebay.de/porst_Porst_W0QQcatrefZC12QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentryp
ageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR2QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsaatsZ77QQ
sacatZ4702

All the best
Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- Fra: Wilko Bulte [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sendt: 7. februar 2005 08:36 Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net Emne: Re: Have you ever heard of Porst lenses?

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:44:44PM -0500, Larry Cook wrote..
I have run across a 135/1.8 lens for Pentax K mount that I have never
heard of. It is a Porst. Porst I believe is a German camera company and
the lens was actuallt made by a Japanese company named Tomioka. Does
anyone know anything about this Porst/Tomioka lens or about the brand in
general?

Porst is indeed a German company. To the best of my knowledge they never had manufacturing capability, rather they sold OEM-ed stuff under their own name. Most likely different OEMs as well.

Around here (the Netherlands) the Porst stuff does not fetch any real
money at used-camera markets. For what that means..

Wilko