[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 2/8/2005 9:49:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Are you confusing belief with reality maybe? What we perceive, what we believe, and what is reality may be 3 different things. But it would be very strange to think there is no reality without a perception of it or a belief of it.
=========
Don't think I said that. But what we believe may affect reality.

I don't want to discuss this:
Thats ok, I just had bookmarked your discussion because I thought that it sounded like you were mixing up the concept of reality with the concept of truth (subjective).
1.) I don't have time. 2.) With difficult concepts, it takes me a long time to verbalize what I mean -- or verbalize effectively enough that I know I am making my conceptualization come across clearly. 3.) I don't turn my verbalizations of difficult concepts into writing easily. It takes a lot of pain and effort on my part to write that kind of thing down effectively. See 3. 4.) I don't have time. 5.) I don't need my belief system to be nailed down in every small detail for my own satisfaction. My belief system is coherent enough for me, and I do not need for anyone else to believe it and I do not need to defend it.

6.) Read The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra instead of trying to debate me.

Its been a long time, but I remember alot of mysticism in it, rather similar to what you are saying. Once you get into that realm, then its hard to argue anything outside of belief systems.

7.) I don't debate (at least anymore and at least not on the Net). I've been involved in too many knock down and drag out usenet/list -- mainly usenet -- "conversations" to find it amusing or entertaining anymore. I also think debate about religion/politics/belief systems to be fairly pointless.

I agree, let everyone believe what they want to.

HTH!, Marnie aka Doe

Thanks,

rg