Frank wrote:

BTW, WRT to all this "is reality really real?" discussion, I remember
reading somewhere (but I'll be damned if I can remember ~where~) that
for all his talk about being and nothingness, when Heidegger walked in
a room and saw a chair, he knew damned well that the chair really was
~there~, and if he sat on it, he had every confidence that it would
really hold him up!

Yeah... well during the Super Bowl party at a neighbor's house, my 13-year old son decided to pull the chair out from under me when I returned from refeshing my wine glass. I consequently sat on the floor dribbling my wine out on the carpet. Needless to say, we had a little chat regarding practical jokes when we got home.

Tom C.