No it's definitely the LX. The same lens (SMC-A 50mm f/1.4) is fine on the
*istD.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Peter J. Alling"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 09/02/05 01:01:57
    To: "pentax-discuss@pdml.net"<pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
    Subject: Re: New LX Owner

    Sounds like you have a sticky aperture on your lens.  My 35mm has
    developed this problem.  All the other lenses seem to be working fine.
    You should try a different lens on the camera.

    Nick Clark wrote:

    >Yep! You've got me sussed! I put a roll of XP2 through it yesterday.
    >
    >I discovered why the automatic exposures seemed much quicker than
indicated, so that a 2 second exposure sounded like 1/60th. The aperture was
very slow closing down, so the OTF sensor was getting more light and so
terminating the exposure. I guess this means automatic exposures will be
correct, but manual exposures except at wide apertures will be over-exposed.
The problem eased after some use, so I guess it's not a major problem, just
some old dried out lubricant.

    >Great feel to it, but I might look out for a grip, or perhaps make one if
I can find a screw of the right guage. I'll need to find some strap lugs too.

    >It's off to Pentax in the next couple of days. They've quoted £105 for a
full CLA including parts and foam, although I'll get 20% off as a member of the
Pentax User Club.

    >Nick

between sendig it straight off to Pentax and putting a film through it first. I
think it'll probably be the latter.

    --
    I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war.
    During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings