Grain is unrelated to the sharpness of the lens. It's a characteristic of the film and processing procedure.

Feroze wrote:

Hi All,

Using films of an ISO 400 to 80, I'm trying to figure out if there would be more grain visible when using a lower quality lens or a zoom versus a decent prime. For eg. would I see more grain while shooting the same shot with a 28-105 at 50 v/s a 50mm 1.7 both at 5.6? Are the two related factors?

TIA

Feroze

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke