From: Jon M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 1:54 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: New K1000 owner

Hi! Welcome to the madness that is this list. :)

I bought a Sears 80-200/4 from a friend for $20, it's
not been bad for such a cheap lens. Local shops seem
to have the same lens around $40-$50. If you want
something likely better, check out the SMC Pentax-A
70-210/4.

If you'd rather have some primes, look into a 100mm or
135mm and 200mm.

I bought from a list member a SMC Pentax-M 135/3.5
that I've lately considered selling, though it has a
couple minor issues. It only focuses out to about
75-100 feet and the hood tends to not stay put. These
are probably fixable... the hood is no big deal, and I
only noticed the focus issue when taking pictures of
boats out on the water.

Pick up a 28mm or so wide angle if you come across
one. I have a SMC Pentax-M 28/3.5 I've been very happy
with. I've found wide angle lenses to be more fun than
telephoto.

-Jon Myers.

--- Isaac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all. I just got me a K1000 from a pawn shop
with the standard 50mm
lenses. It seems to work fine. My question though is
about lenses. I'm
looking for a decent zoom. I'm thinking 70-210 or
thereabouts. Any
suggestions? I'm looking to keep it under $100 if
possible. I can go higher
if needed.