On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:10:05 +1300, David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just mowed my lawn with an old steel push-mower.  One that doesn't
> have a motor.

That's a good thing.  Lawnmowers and other two stroke gas engines are
significant polluters, as for the most part, they have no pollution
control devices.  I heard several years ago that up to 10% of all air
pollution comes from such engines, an astounding amount considering
how few of them there are compared to cars and trucks.  Push-mowers
rock.

> Good way to strengthen your back (or break it).

Don't talk to me of backs.  I just spent two days off work with
lower-back spasms.  Not much fun...

> Cheers,
>
> - Dave (my bike is aluminium, just like my back)

Despite my love of steel frames, my bike too, is aluminium:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3092465&size=lg

Which you can't really tell under all that snow.

cheers,
frank