I may as well sell all my gear and use the camera in my mobile phone.
My *ist D has 6079520 extra pixels I don't need.

But I do agree with this line;

"Camera manufacturers want you to believe the more megapixels, the
better the picture."

It doesn't matter how many megapixels you have. A crap picture is still crap.

Dave S