Running late on some comments.

First allow me to say that the K55/1.8 is a very nice lens.  It's not as
sharp as some, and needs to be stopped down a bit for best results, but I
like the way it renders the image on film.

This pic is quite soft, far softer than the results the K55/1.8 is capable
of producing.  I suspect it's because you used a flat bed scanner.
Contrast is soft, too.  But the thing is, whether by accident or intent, it
works for me on one level and up to a point.  The softness and reduced
contrast give the photo an old time look.  It reminds me of many old photos
I've seen recently in museums.  However, the framing is pretty bad.  That
big, white area in the upper left corner really detracts from the rest of
the picture.

It also appears that the scan was made in RGB, not greyscale.  In this case
the RGB adds a little tone to the image, and that tone is in keeping with
the older look and feel.  I don't want to suggest that you only scan and
post B&W film-based images in greyscale, but, if you did this accidentally
you might want to be careful with subsequent scans.  If you want
greyscale,be sure that's what you're getting.

The feeling I get from this photo is that it works as well as it does (up
to the framing issue) more as a result of accidents and circumstance than
intention and planning.  Of course, I could be way off base ... and I'm
sure you'll tell me.  At least I hope you would ;-))

Shel