What are you riding - a Guzzi?

Anyway, by having the camera ensconced in soft, vibration absorbing
items inside the bag, I think you should be just fine.  Think of all
the cameras that have spent uncounted hours in small planes, or
which have been used on small power boats, and so on.  Also, most
tanks are insulated and damped from frame and engine vibration, so
you've really got two layers of protection. I think you're being
overly concerned.  Plus, if the bike goes down, is there a better
place to carry the camera? Panniers are usually the first thing to
suffer.  Strapping it to the seat is risky as well.  Carrying it in
a small pack or closely strapped to your body may be an alternative,
depending on how much freedom of movement you may lose.

BTW, the ME S traveled on both an old Triumph Bonneville (not real
smooth) and a 4-cylinder, shaft drive, 1,000cc Suzuki (quite a bit
smoother).
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]