> From mike.wilson
> Tue, 15 Feb 2005 04:30:53 -0800

> Interesting. I was using webmail to access my ntl (ptui!) account
> from work, so as to avoid including the College sig. When I do
> that, it takes eons for my post to come back to me. Using a proper
> mail programme, it is much quicker.

> Could this be a reason for the problem?

It might contribute to the problem, but I think the problem goes much
deeper than that, or in a different direction.  Messages just disappear for
some people regardless of their choice of mail program, sometimes messages
never appear in the archives while appearing on the list, and some never
appear on the list for anyone, and so on.  Frankly, I think it has to do
with the archive system.  Messages are not disappearing on other mailing
lists in which I participate.

Shel