On 2005-02-15, at 21:38, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

I believe I have read here that the FA100/2.8 suffers from CA on the
digitals. Someone will surely correct me with vigour if denigrating a
fine (and expensive) lens.
Yes it does, but only at specific angles of view and in apertures range about f2.8-5.6 (raraely used in macro...). Generally I could live with it - it appeared only ocassionally, let's say once per 100 frames ;-)

 If you are to buy new, the DA100/2.8 will
likely not suffer from CA on the digitals.
I hope so too :-) And it is 1/2 in weight, 49mm filters, with wider focusing ring and QFS. But I suspect build quality is much worse (FA 100/2.8 macro is built like a tank).

--
Best regards
Sylwek