I have a tale of woe to tell:

I have a scuba tank with a decant valve and hose that I thought would be
ideal to clean my dusty *istD sensor with.

I set the valve so that the air pressure from the hose sprayed what I thought
was a soft and gentle stream, and proceeded to wave it over the sensor for a
few seconds.

Went off to cover an event and came home with a Gigabyte of images.
To my horror, all the images looked like they had been taken through a
sheet of very wet, and crazed glass.

Had a look at the sensor and saw the surface had been bubbled and creased.

I'm at a loss as to how this could happen.
The air is breathing quality, free from impurities, and contaminants.
The pressure was low, now more than you could expect from a hand blower,
although continuous and finely focused.

I'm hoping it's just a protective film that has been damaged and it can be
replaced.
What is worrying is that the repair agents have had it for a week now and still
no word
from them yet.

Hard lesson learnt here people.

Max.

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination,
copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the
disclosure of the information therein. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.