DPReview quotes $899.00. Still doesn't excite me I'd have to use Canon glass, which is expensive if it's good.

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

I just read the article, and while some of the technical stuff eludes me as
to its value or just what it all means, the camera sure looks tempting. Interesting points are smaller, black, more pixels with higher quality
images, B&W mode, uses CF cards, and a few other things. Any idea of a
price point on this puppy?

Shel

http://www.pma-show.com/review/canon/001_EOS_digital_rebel_xt.html

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke