This could mean one of two things, 1.) They don't have an upgraded replacement to compete with the
new Canon D-Rebel XT and they've decided to compete on price alone, or 2.) they have a replacement coming
and they want to blow out the old stock and make room before they have to sell them for even less.

Mark Erickson wrote:

I check B&H and Adorama this morning and they are both selling the *ist-Ds for $725.
--Mark

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke