Hi Paul ...

I'm sure there are other factors at play here.  Perhaps there aren't
that many list members that need a 77mm UV filter, and the price,
while good, is still high for many people.  Two months ago I'd have
bought it in a NY minute, but now that I can get a SMC Pentax filter
for even less than your very fair price, I'd have to pass.

The B+W is a very fine filter, although for a while they were having
some quality problems.  There was a fair amount of discussion
concerning a film or haze that was found on new filters.  I received
a few filters that needed a good cleaning right out of the box.
IAC, I'm sold on the SMC Pentax filters, although they are available
only in limited sizes (49mm, 52mm, 58mm, 67mm, and 77mm) and colors.
B+W offers a much broader range in both areas.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]