JCOC> 8MP vs 6MP is simple to calculate in terms
JCOC> of larger print sizes while maintaining
JCOC> same image quality

As I have heard and somewhat experienced in the indusry, the main
advantage of 8MP over 6MP is just that the 8MP is almost no
interpolation for A4 magazine frontpages. Some editors liked the fact
that no interpolation is needed. OTOH, a good 6MP can outperform a
8MP in many cases. The differences in antialising filter, hardware
noise reduction and others come to mind (I have seen samples from D2H
- 4MP - that were definitely as sharp as D1X, 6MP camera in the same
conditions). But from marketing perspective, 8MP looks nicer than 6MP
:-(

Good light!
           fra