OK Paul,

> The delay wasn't the vendor's fault. It was a Pentax rebate.
> Based on other comments here, I would say that they are
> usually very pokey when it comes to sending the rebate.

Fair enough, but voucher/rebate/whatever schemes just seem a bizarre way of
getting to the bottom line. However the vendor and manufacturer want to
shuffle the paperwork is fine, but just leave me the bottom line. 15 or so
years ago I bought an HF radio that bought within a certain period, came
with a free VHF radio. I bought within the period and expected the dealer to
give me one of the VHF radios stacked behind him. But no. I had to have a
form stamped by him and then send off this with a receipt for the radio to
another address (by recorded delivery in case of loss) and wait about three
weeks for another voucher to be sent back. This I then took back to the
dealer who then handed me the radio he could have done weeks earlier. Giving
me the item (or rebate) at time of sale would have left me feeling good. I
won't comment on how I felt about the above.

Anyway, glad you have got the rebate.

Malcolm