JB> I  really  think it is an excellent lens. I haven't noticed any coma or
JB> softness before it got damaged. It's is sharp at any range. Don't buy your
JB> friends lens, if that's the issue. It should be excellent at all distances.

Thanks for the comments, both of you.

I am not buying the lens, there is no lens lust fortunately (well
there is, I quite need the new Tokina 12-24/4 APS-C lens, it sells for
450 Euro - sic ! - but sadly there is no money for it <g>)

I borrowed it for some portraits which it was very nice for, and also
to see how a 28-70 lens would suit me on the not-full-frame digital
(ie 43-105mm).

Good light!
           fra