A rather cool idea.  Sort of a variation of reflections.  You have to
be looking and focusing a bit different to notice them.  This does
look very much like a tree rather than a shadow.  I wish the contrast
wasn't so high to see a bit more detail in the lower part of the
picture.

Nice job!

--
Best regards,