mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> column.
>>
>>>outed!
>>

>> Outed? Hmm. I did that some years ago now.
>
>As a Guzzi owner, though?  That's bravery... 8-)
>
>Nice 850T.  Mine had the original single disc and unadjustable tls rear.
>  Exciting to ride.

Back when I was racing (FZR 400) I had a good friend with an
exotically-modified Guzzi 850 LeMans. Beautiful machine. It kept growing
through the years - 850cc, 900cc, 1000cc... but he eventually went too
far and blew it up :(

Now he has a Kawasaki Z750. Even he admits it's a much better bike from
a functional standpoint, but the Guzzi was beautiful and unique...

Now another friend had an old (early 60's I think) Guzzi that was
without question the ugliest bike I've ever seen.  When he took it in
for state inspection, the service manager of the shop (another
roadracing buddy) said "Man, you're lucky I can't fail a bike for being
ugly." But it was so ugly it was cool in a way. Would have been a great
bike for cruising and picking up girls (well, *some* kinds girls,
anyway!)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing