Mark Roberts mused:

> Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >--- Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Personally, I feel that size is one of the advantages of the
> >> CF card. For me the SD cards are too small: To difficult to
> >> write on, too easy to lose. The CF card seems to hit a sweet
> >> spot between small enough and too small. YMMV :-)
> >
> >Difference of opinion.
> >
> >I've settled on 1G cards as my standard, regardless of which
> >card format I use, and SD cards let me carrry more of them in
> >less space. Now that the cost and performance of flash memory is
> >virtually identical to the cost of microdrives, I would never
> >buy a microdrive over a fast flash card, so that isn't much of
> >an attraction to the CF form factor anymore.
> >
> >Besides, I can use the same SD cards in my PDA as in my camera.
>
> I have so far been successful in avoiding the purchase of a PDA :)
> I agree on the micro drives, though. I just ordered a 1G high speed
> Kingston CF card for $71.00. And I noticed *after* I'd decided to buy it
> that there's a $20.00 rebate on TOP of that. $51.00 net.
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=82238-1&affiliate=shopping
> in case anyone's interested.

I find 1GB to be too small if I want to shoot raw exclusively,
so I'm still waiting for the 2GB CF cards to drop further in price.
The pricing sweet spot is definitely with the 1GB cards for now.

While I'm quite happy with my 1GB Microdrives, I'm not sure I want
to invest further in that technology, even though there is still a
considerable price advantage; a 4GB Microdrive is about the same
price as a 2GB compact flash card.   Decisions, decisions, ...